*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/439661
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1129084
For Christians who are willing to be honest; a place to find grace
#439661 added July 10, 2006 at 9:53pm
Restrictions: None
Encouragement
I have a little calendar with encouraging sayings on each date, and I have to share the ones for yesterday and today. I have been dealing with some things in my personal life that have been very challenging and when I read this, I knew God was sending His promise and encouragement my way:

"God didn't set this journey in motion. He's just as angry as you are that you have to walk this road. But He promises you this, He will walk this road with you, and He will be there for you when you reach the end of it. God loves you!"

"Never say never! Sometimes the things you think will never happen, do!"

This spoke to me more than I can even express. I've been struggling with my Christianity - feeling like such a failure, being tired of compromising everything I believe in because of circumstances and people in my life. You can't serve two masters! I long to serve God whole-heartedly and set a good example for my children. I want to devote my life completely to God every single day - not just on days when things are so bad that I call out to God in complete desperation. In those times I'm willing to do anything for God - what a hypocrite I have been! I am angry that I have taken God's love and grace for granted and have not been using the gifts He has given me to reach out to others. I do at different times, but not persistantly like a devoted daughter should. I am determined to change these things and to become what God created me for! I know I have a long way to go, but atleast I'm on that narrow road now and heading in the right direction. How I pray for wisdom and guidance; discernment and mercy. I want to live my life for God as He has intended it to be from the beginning. I want to stop looking to myself to figure things out and look to the only One who can ever make things better!
My heart is weak from my sins, but my will and faith are strong in the Lord, and I take comfort in His Word and His promises. God bless all of the eyes that come accross these writings and may we all devote ourselves to God's will. May we all reach out in love and encourage others instead of judging them!

© Copyright 2006 Forgiven (UN: bethdmiles at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Forgiven has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/439661