*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/440056-Middle-of-the-week
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#440056 added July 12, 2006 at 1:42pm
Restrictions: None
Middle of the week
I just wanted to drop a note here in the middle of the week. I ordered The Rules for Marriage and 5 Love Languages, along with a Sylvia Brown book about life after death. I haven't gotten them yet, but as soon as I read them, I'll leave a product review. *Smile*

So, the rules I can apply to my everyday life seem to be working. Hubby is a bit more attentive and I'm happy for that. Truthfully, I need to stop avoiding talking to him about the trip, but I can never muster up the courage to really do it. I'm a wuss...

Yesterday I heard a story on the news that really upset me. An off duty LAPD Officer was in Anahiem with his 4 year old in the back seat in a safety seat. Somehow the 4 year old boy was able to get out of the safety seat. (Don't ask me how). Now, it the LAPD COP culture (and in California) it is legal for an off duty officer to carry his gun if he wants to. Most prefer to, citing self defensive issues and "what if I have to stop a bank robber" scenerio.

Well, this little boy found his father's gun and started playing with it, shooting the father in the back through the seat. The father manages to pull over and give the boy to a bystander before collasping. He's in an Anaheim hospital in critical condition.

I hope it makes it and it only reinforces the need for gun safety in every aspect of a cop's life. I would be shattered if that scenerio happened to me. sniff...sniff..

Nothing new on the writing front. I have 20 chapters done of my "MASTER" for Heart's Torment, so I'm about 1/2 done with my final edit.

I need to get back to work on some other projects. I wrote "Grave of the Devil" for Tabloid Purposes III which should be out by the end of summer. I've gotten some great feedback on it.

Have a good one.
Steph


© Copyright 2006 StephBee - GOT Survivor (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - GOT Survivor has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/440056-Middle-of-the-week