*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/440122-Chapter-1---The-assassination
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Kender
Rated: ASR · Book · Fantasy · #1129893
The rewriten version of the Pheonix, the first novel I ever came up with.
#440122 added July 12, 2006 at 7:02pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 1 - The assassination
         A lone figure flittered throug the darkness. It had come from the small hole in the ground. He headed of into the gate he was neaest.
         That lead him to a large courtyard in which the most wonderful things grew, plants exotic and even nonexistent where he came from. He plucked a grape off of a vine and noticed it's largeness. He put it in his mouth and bit down. His mouth immediatly filled with the bitter sweet taste of wine. He made a mental note to tell his captain when he came back.
         The shadow headed through the door nearest to him and slipped inside. The room contained a normal-looking man asllep on a bed of animals. Of course the shadow knew who he was right away. There was only one two armed person here, and the staff in the corner helped. It was Fire. The human creeped over to where the god was sitting and got a good look at him.
         As he drew nearer, the shdow drew a daggar from his belt. When he got close enough, the now-assassin plunged his blade between th shoulder blades of the sleeping god. This, naturally, woke the god, and he used the last bit of his own time that was left to draw his murderers life energy out of him.          Using his dead killer's time, fire went and sprang the alarm, doing so by pulling the rope in his room three times. He put all of his weight on the last tug, but not by his own free will. He had fallen dead, still clutching the bell rope.


         Water awoke immediatly at hearing the sound of her husband-brother's bell, it rang twice, then emmited a muffled clang. It then stopped. She sat up tensly, listening hard into the silence. There was nothing, so she stood, putting on her robe and grasping her silvery cup. She rushed to her brother's room and found his body there. She knelt over it, and cryed for the loss of her lover. It was not long before her other siblings rushed in to find them in this state. Only cold, calculating Air noticed the dead human on the floor.
         Air walked calmly over to the human, and, drawing his sword, flipped the body over with his rapier.
         "No marks, it looks like he had the life sucked straight out of him." Air refreshed his sisters' memories of his presence by speaking of the body. When both of his sisters looked at him with confuzed exprssions on his face he pointed to the body.
         Water immediatly went into more histarics and Earth gasped. Air sheathed his sword again and spoke solemnly. "It looks like the humans have found a way into the city. And they have sent this man to kill us. We will destroy this man's nation as a return. All his people will die. Now who shall do it?"
         Water looked up from her dead brother-husband with a fierce look on her face. "Let me. I shall ravage his people with a force that will never again be seen."
         Air nodded. "That would be apropiate. This man's insignia is that of an Atlantian."
         Water stood and thanked him stiffly. Just as stiffly she walked out the door to do her task. After a few moments with earth, air walked out the door. "Make sure not to get the rest of Greece!" He yelled.
© Copyright 2006 Kender (UN: andrewhirsch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kender has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/440122-Chapter-1---The-assassination