*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/443109-Chapter-2---The-Re-Enbodyment
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Kender
Rated: ASR · Book · Fantasy · #1129893
The rewriten version of the Pheonix, the first novel I ever came up with.
#443109 added August 18, 2006 at 7:08pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 2 - The Re-Enbodyment
         As soon as he could pry Water off of Fire's stiffening body, Air dragged her into the conference room in the middle of the castle. There he called Earth in for a conference.
         "First order of business," Announced Air, "is rather complex. I looked up what happened in the Book of Center. What happened is possible. However, we need to take some precautions. It seems that without Fire's energy in this world, soon all he created and all his powers will disappear. That means all of life.
         "However, there is a possibility of saving it. We can put his power and soul into a human body."
         Water looked up at the sound of this. Her normally serene blue face was puffy and red from the crying. "You mean we can bring him back?"
         Air looked at her painfully. "Well, sort of. He won't have any memories or control over his powers." Seeing Water's dejected face Air quickly continued. "But, through a succession of human lives, he can get those back.
         "There is a catch, though. This will use up almost all of our collective powers. We need to seal up this war. First things first, we need to take care of Atlantis. I believe Water has done that, right?"
         At this moment a look of hatred and sadness crossed Waters face. "The humans can look for a million years and not find them."
         Good. Now we need to stop the humans from rising up again. First of all, we need to patch the hole in the castle. Then we should get a group of humans together to protect us. Preferably ones that are still loyal. Then we need to redouble the polar defences.
         After that is finished we need to think of burial rights. I think cremation is appropriate, is it not? I propose then that we cremate him and scatter his ashes on the sea."
         Earth put up an argument to that. She insisted on being able to give her brother a gift as well. So after much deliberation it was decided. Fire was to be cremated, his ashes mixed in with metal that would be used to make an effigy. This statue would then be dropped into the sea.

* * * *


         After Fire's remains had been disposed of as planned, and all of the other plans taken care of, the time came for the magic to begin. Air called them all to the central Conference room once again. He took in a deep breath and let it out with a small sigh. He read some words in the sacred tongue out of the Book of Center. He then stretched his arms out in front of him. The other three followed suit. He sent the majority of his life-magic through his arms and out just past his hands. He cupped the glowing light-blue ball in his three hands and looked around the room. Water was holding a darker blue and Earth a green version of his ball of light. He stretched his arms back again and sent the little ball of light into the center. The three balls conjoined into one bright light and it dropped, quickly, to where the humans stayed.

* * * *


         At that moment, on earth, a woman screamed in ecstasy as she and her husband came to the end of their love-making. Unseen to either of them, the light came down and entered her abdomen.
© Copyright 2006 Kender (UN: andrewhirsch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kender has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/443109-Chapter-2---The-Re-Enbodyment