*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/440801-It-aint-over-yet
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#440801 added July 15, 2006 at 7:30pm
Restrictions: None
It ain't over yet.
What a busy weekend this is turning out to be!

I had to work all day today, and will again tomorrow for most of the day. We need to be completely up and running at 8am Monday.

What a terrible time to move, though. It's been in the upper 90s and lower hundreds all week (104 today). I did not envy the movers! One guy had to leave because the heat got to him. They are now done, so the unpacking begins.

Actually, my part is done. I only had eight boxes to unpack, and I spent some of today organizing the bigger equipment. I spent the rest of it putting drawings together for an early Monday meeting. What I need now is to learn the new network once that's going, and help make sure all the plotters and printers work on it.

Tonight I have lots to do. We finally have a Disciple meeting scheduled for tomorrow at 11 (which means I get to leave work for 3 hours *Bigsmile*), but I need to refresh my memory on the lesson we're supposed to discuss. That will take a few hours.

Plus, I have a few sig requests I either need to finish or start. It's finally picking up, and I'm thrilled about it! I'm so glad the requesters are a patient bunch! I should have at least two done tonight, because they are close to completing; maybe a half an hour on each. The rest I'll hold off beginning until Monday. I could use some down time reading or other leisurely activity. My brain, and body, need a rest. This body is definitely not used to moving heavy things; you know, like chairs, books, 3-ring binders, the really big stuff!

I soo love our new office though! Harvey designed most of the layout, and we hired one of our engineer's wife who just graduated from interior design to do the color schemes. The entire office is beautiful, and much more professional. I really like it there so far . . . assuming I don't get sick of the place by tomorrow.

Getting paid by the hour does have its benefits. My next check will be huge! I figure by the end of tomorrow I will have over 20 hours overtime.

I am very glad I took my vacation before the move and not after, otherwise I would be past grumpy and into murderous psychotic.

I gotta go. My brain is telling me to stop as a headache is coming on. I hope you all have a great -- and cool -- evening. That's my goal!

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/440801-It-aint-over-yet