*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/442460-Safari
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#442460 added July 22, 2006 at 6:22pm
Restrictions: None
Safari
Armed and armoured, we launched our attack today on the zucchini fields. I think we got them all without losing a man. We threaded our way carefully through the vines of the jungle, tying up tomato plants whose arms stretched out of their cages to catch passersby, like cats at the pound. We picked corn and beans and pulled a bag of weeds. Lots of good tall sunflowers are growing there too, but they're evidently just for our enjoyment. The birds still prefer they ones they've planted themselves beneath the feeders.

I've worked on my resume a bit, about as long as I can stand. I have to come up with a list of transferrable skills that will apply to jobs other than chaplain. Filled out one long form for a copy editor/proofreader job, only to discover that I have to include a resume in addition. Darn. That's why I chose the application route, to avoid the resume.

Jack (our six-year old boy twin who's coming tomorrow) sent us an email saying he "might have a good time" with us and he couldn't wait. I think that's the way we feel too.


© Copyright 2006 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/442460-Safari