*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/443206-Same-ol-same-ol
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#443206 added July 26, 2006 at 12:28am
Restrictions: None
Same ol', same ol'
Where did that funny expression ever get started anyway?

Well, here in zucchiniland, because it's only five minutes to midnight, I'll have to stick with my best topic, even though my roll may have about played out.

Play me the "Jaws" intro please...
...just when you thought it was safe to go back in the garden again...

The giant, flesh-eating zucchini,
or so my children say,
is on the loose in the garden.
They're not going back today.

What's more, they swear they'll never,
eat it ever again any more.
You never can tell the trouble you're in
when you let it in the door.

***

"Was that Wren again?" asked Bernard, looking concerned.

"Yes, it was," said Lucille, "and I'm really quite distressed. I thought she'd have found her mind again by now, or someone else's even. Anything would be better than more zucchini."

"Whatever do you mean, 'someone else's'?" Bernard asked.

"Well, you know, when you've forgotten your grocery list and someone else has left theirs in the basket, you take a peek."

Bernard looked confused, but offered: "I suppose if someone threatens to give her a piece of their mind, she'd be wise to take it. Is that the sort of thing you, er, have in mind?"

"Yes, well maybe if we could just distract her from her zucchini for a bit, all would settle down to normal, in her head, I mean."

"I see. If we all said we want to hear more about her grandchildren while they're here with her for a week instead of her garden, maybe she wouldn't be too insulted. What do you think?"

"I think that's a bully idea. Any of you out there want to help us? I think she'd listen to us if we all suggested it."

"Let's give it a try! What do you say?"



© Copyright 2006 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/443206-Same-ol-same-ol