*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/443507-Forced-walking---to-start
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#443507 added July 27, 2006 at 6:37am
Restrictions: None
Forced walking - to start
Lesson three of Marlene Bagnull's Write His Answer begins with Galatians 6:4, The Message: "Make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been given, and then sink yourself into that."

I love the last part about sinking. If writing is something God wants me to do, then I must sink myself into that work. I've been thinking a lot about it, but doing it has come to a standstill. I feel like I'm drowning in my dreams instead of making them happen.

I wrote yesterday about not having any schedule to go by at work, and being frustrated almost to the point of walking out. What a hypocrite! My writing life is less scheduled than my work. The big difference, and what's so pathetic, is I do have the time to write. I'm just not using it.

Marlene also wrote: "Prayerfully setting goals, putting them in writing, sharing them with others, and determining the specific things we need to do to make them happen is just the beginning. Then, as David told Soloman when he gave him the blueprints for the temple, we must 'be strong and courageous and get to work. Don't be frightened by the size of the task, for the Lord my God is with you; he will not forsake you. He will see to it that everything finishes correctly' (1 Chron. 28:20)."

God was faithful with Solomon, and he succeeded in building the temple. Surely God, the Creator of the universe, can and will help this piddly person with her piddly writing, too.

The end of the lesson required me to enlarge the goal planning chart she created, "then go before the Lord and ask Him to show you what He wants you to do (Jer. 29:11-13)."

So as a beginning, I start by recreating the chart, putting my goals in writing, and sharing them with you:

** Image ID #1136783 Unavailable ** ** Image ID #1136784 Unavailable **


I admit being daunted by writing down my specific goals, as well as placing them here for you to see. What if none of this happens? Then I'll have some 'splainin' to do, and as I said in an earlier entry, I hate writing retractions.

I agree with Marlene; this is only the start. I have a lot of work to do. If I do what I long for my bosses to do by scheduling time better, and sticking to it, my goals won't seem so far-reaching.

If it also be God's will these goals aren't far from His, and I continue to work in constant communication with Him, then I can't fail.

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/443507-Forced-walking---to-start