*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/444380-Dodger-Game-Phone-calls--misc
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#444380 added July 30, 2006 at 3:52pm
Restrictions: None
Dodger Game, Phone calls & misc.
Well, while I sat home on Friday, Brent took Andrew to his first baseball game!

Brent & Andrew, 28 JULY 2006


Mind you, I have to shrink the pic to post it, so it looses some of it's integrity but it'll do.

Andrew had a great time. Brent said he ate a whole Dodger Dog and some popcorn. The cheering kind of scared him a little, but he watched for a little. He was no more fidgety than we thought he'd be and Brent left early because Andrew pooped out, not because he was ants-in-the-pants. Andrew was all excited about his bobblehead.

For me, the best part was when Andrew came home, he ran right up to me and hugged me and said "Mommy, I love you." Sigh...

Brent told me Andrew wished I could come so I think next year we'll start to take him to a couple of games with us. *Smile*

Well, I went to church and saw my church friend, Shirley. It was good to see her. There was no music and I was kind of grateful simply because it was hard to stand up. Sigh... When I got home my sister called. It was good to talk to her but she had some sad news.

My Granny, a woman who I remember as a healthy, vital person has been in a nursing home since the beginning of the year. Of course I'm detached from the situtation, but still I get bummed. Christine said Granny was looking weak, layed up in bed, and was only able to talk to her for 15 mins. She speculates that Granny might have had another stroke.

To which I said, "Wouldn't the nursing home have seen to it she had medical attention? I mean, don't you think they would check that out? Get a doctor in to look at her?"

Christine said, "Not necessarily. Seriously, Steph, WHO is going to do that? It's A NURSING HOME."

Mind you, Neither of us know anything about nursing home care. (Aly, maybe you do?) My Auntie Sue is basically the head mover and shaker on this along with my Uncle Rusty, and I know it's been very demanding on them to be responsible as such and they do have their own families. It's draining work. My father? Let's just say he's not very helpful. Never was.

Still, I can't imagine that a doctor can't see her and test her. Then I told Christine it probably all comes down to money and what """you""" can afford - and I know the montly nursing care home bill is not cheap. That said, I hope something can be done, and if it can, I know my Auntie Sue & Uncle Rusty will make it happen. My prayers go to them and my family right now.

Christine said she also called my father. A good move on her part as she can't stand him. (Mind you, I have no great love for the man either. To me, my parents are just the biological people who gave birth to me. Neither of them have any adequate parenting skills - but that's probably a topic for another blog entry.) He's taking some pills for some ailment but she couldn't figure out what. Called it Alzhiemer's. (Was she joking or serious? I couldn't tell) He told her she could have some of the pictures he pilfered from Granny's house before it was sold so she's going to go over there soon and put the grab on them.

Well, it's been a busy weekend. Both Brent and I have to work. Our next day off is Tuesday and we have a doctor's appt. Looking forward to it.

Have great weekend everyone.
Steph


PS...the Electricity bill came in. It was ONLY $319!!! I was dancing in the streets! I thought I was going to have to pay $400!! (Who knows next month!)

© Copyright 2006 StephBee - GOT Survivor (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - GOT Survivor has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/444380-Dodger-Game-Phone-calls--misc