*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/443573-Catching-up
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#443573 added July 27, 2006 at 12:30pm
Restrictions: None
Catching up...
Well, I've had a couple of days off, which was nice. On Tuesday though, Andrew tried to hide under his bed because he didn't want to go to swim lessons. So we basically canceled the lesson and we'll forfit the rest of the month. I don't want him to develop a fear of it and when the time is right, we'll sign him up again.

Wednesday, I had Brent take the 5 Love Languages quiz for husbands. I tried to approach it in a very positive manner. At first he was very negative about it, but when I wiped out the "I want to be a better wife" he seemed a little more receptive to that. Of course I didn't say, "I want to be a better wife so you'll be a better husband." I'll let him figure that out on his own. It did open up some lines of communication between us, which was nice. I think I've put to rest his "fear" of getting gifts as I reminded him the gifts I've gotten him lately he likes. It was amazing how he dewelled on what he consider poor gift choices by me in the past. But I think that's behind us now.

One of the things I think that's made us successful up to now is that our #1 primary love language for BOTH OF US was "Quality Time." And we have always strived hard for quality time. #2 for both of us was Physical Touch. His #2 tied with "Acts of Service" though, so I must strive to do better around the house. Quite a task considering I'm 33 weeks and it's hard to much of anything before the basketball I'm carrying around makes my back ache. I'll work on it. haha. Last night I made him a Weight Watchers dinner (since he's going to weight watchers) and he was very appreciative of that.

As for tomorrow we have tix for the dodgers game, but it's been too hot for me to go. Brent says he's going to take Andrew. It will be Andrew's first game. We don't expect him to stay the entire game as Andrew always has "Ants-in-his-pants" but I hope he likes it!


© Copyright 2006 StephBee - GOT Survivor (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - GOT Survivor has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/443573-Catching-up