*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/444397-One-of-those-months
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1030039
This will show our fight with Fibromyalgia, so others can learn that it's real.
#444397 added July 30, 2006 at 6:03pm
Restrictions: None
One of those months....
         Yep, it was. We all know the old phrase "It's been one of tnose days...". Well, for Kenzie and I we can now officially take that idea up a notch: it's been one of those MONTHS with us. *Smile*Good and bad. Here are the highlights, in no particular order.
         Derek's girlfriend Allison came back up to visit a couple weeks ago for a special anniversary date in their relationship. She's planning on being here about another week or so. Yes, she brought Bone, the chihuahua with her *Smile*. Even Kenzie and I had missed him barking at us as we go out the door to go somewhere, like the grocery store, or to church this morning. It's nice to have things back to "normal" for a while. Even our cat, Pi (short for Piwacket) missed him. She was bugging us for attention all day for quite some time while they were gone. Now Bone keeps her occupied and they both have a ball.*Smile*
         The Fibromyalgia has been taking its toll as always, though. Lately, there have been a number of nights when I ran out of energy really early, going to bed about 10:00 P.M. instead of 11 or 11:30. And one night, Kenzie had the reverse problem: went to bed about 1:00 AM, woke up about 3 or 3:30 WIDE AWAKE. She was up the rest of the night, crashing again for a nap the following afternoon for about 4 hours.
         But, the Fibro does give us some humorous times, too. We noticed some time back that we can get a special kind of challenge out of watching some of our favorite TV shows. We are big fans of the "Law and Order" group of shows, and the three CSI series. Where does the Fibro come in? We look at the description of the show and see if it sounds familiar. It often doesn't, even though it says it's a repeat. And even when we can place the PLOT, we notice that if we recognize anything, it's often only as we SEE it, not in advance. So many of the shows are new to us because we didn't see them the first time around, but many are ALSO new to us because the Fibro fog wipes out different parts of the memory for us. What's neat is we can ask each other "Do you remember this?", and discuss it, and end up with each of us remembering different parts of it as the show goes on, or being totally surprised by it. Once in a while, we'll have one come along where one of us will remember an upcoming scene and say so, but not reveal it so the show is still fresh for the other one. With the Fibro fog we can have a lot of fun with our favorite shows.
         Another example of the 'fog' happened just two days ago. We were sitting on the porch talking, and suddenly came up with something the Fibro fog brought to mind. We laughed really hard,and Kenzie said I should put that even in this blog. I agreed. Problem is, later that night, when I went to make that entry here, I couldn't remember what the event / thought was. And neither could she. We decided today that we must have laughed so hard at the humor in it that we got sidetracked before it really registered with us. LOL. We have since agreed that if that particular thought came back to mind we'd interrupt our conversation and just "spit it out" so we don't lose it again. LOL
         Lately, too, though, the Fibro is still giving us the aches and pains we can do without. We went to our local township festival last night, with my daughter Tiffany. We had tons of fun watching her on the rides, and ROCK CLIMBING. Geez the kid's a natural. 3/4 of the way up to the top. Almost made it. And we all love the food at the festival too. My favorite? the italian sausage sandwich with green peppers and sauteed onions. *Smile*
         But toward the end, we had to head home just a little sooner than Tiffany wanted. We were both getting very sore legs, and didn't want to get to the point where we couldn't walk. We made it home, but each had to take an additional pill to sleep last night. I took a Neproxen (prescription Aleve) along with my nightly Nortriptylene. That did the trick.
         So, as you can see, Fibromyalgia can bring both fun and pain. But as long as we have a sense of humor about it all, we'll do just fine. See you all soon!

© Copyright 2006 Incurable Romantic (UN: jwilliamson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Incurable Romantic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/444397-One-of-those-months