*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/445039-Coping-Skills
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#445039 added August 2, 2006 at 12:36pm
Restrictions: None
Coping Skills
I often wish there was a website to purchase the ability to cope with life or it was a skill that could be taught in school.

Yesterday, my dad finally had his second cataract operation and I was foolish enough to breathe a sigh of relief that at least one thing was out the way. This morning my mother phoned to say he'd had another dizzy spell, fallen and cracked his head open.

So, instead of a day shopping for the last minute things I need for my burpday, it's been another day of ambulances, phone calls, waiting and anxiety.

The skies are grey, heavy rain has pelted down for much of the day, doing nothing to help the mood. Five weeks on Saturday my son sets off travelling the world. I only have to think about it and I just well up. The thought of possibly not seeing him for two years is one I'm finding hard to cope with.

I have an on-going dispute with hubby which I know will only be resolved if I accept his decision and not stick to my own and all in all I'm feeling rather sorry for myself.

There might be a light at the end of the tunnel, but today someone turned it off. I wish I was a coper, I wish I was strong-natured, I wish I was more hard-hearted because some days life just seems too much to cope with. Why are we humans given so much feeling if it means hurting so much?

Apologies, sense of humour crisis. Off to the hospital now with a very strong deja vue feeling.

© Copyright 2006 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/445039-Coping-Skills