*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/445509-Revelations
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#445509 added August 4, 2006 at 7:58am
Restrictions: None
Revelations
Yesterday we played 'hunt the daddy' at the hospital; a game I'm becoming quite familiar with. After being on three different wards, we finally discovered him tucked up on a medical ward awaiting assessment.

It seems it's the same old problem with his blood pressure lowering when he stands up, rather than rising as is normal. This causes the dizziness, which in turn leads to falls. Very worrying but not sure what can be done about it.

Anyway, his belongings had been packed into a large plastic bag and deposited on the chair by his bed. As a dutiful daughter and tidy person, it seemed only right for me to unpack them and arrange them in his locker.

Now, my dad's a bit of a hoarder, so it was no surprise to find crumpled tissues, receipts, loose change, bottles of pills and a urine sample (don't ask) amongst his possessions. I put all the small items in the drawer then started to fold and arrange his clothes in the cupboard.

It was then I received quite a shock. There, in the bottom of the bag was a PANK, yes PANK dress. Not a cocktail one admittedly, but the sort my grandma used to call a 'washing frock.'

Now either my dad is a secret cross-dresser, has lost his marbles and started wearing PANK dresses in his old age or has been thieving from old lady's lockers. *Shock*

Obviously, it had been put with his belongings by mistake, but it caused quite a laugh amongst the nurses when I returned it and told them it just wasn't his colour. They're being very good to him, bless them.

So, no new developments as yet, but I thank you all for your kind, understanding and uplifting comments.

I have much to do today in preparation for my burpday outing tomorrow. I'm taking my 'gals' out in a limo, then on a river cruise, Obviously, I'll be worried about both my parents, but will have to do my best today to make sure they have everything they need until Sunday. I really didn't anticipate this when I organised my burpday months ago; a reminder to take nothing for granted.

So, off to paint the nails, wash the hair, fill the goody bags, get the party table sorted and visit the hospital and mother. Not forgetting cleaning the bog of corset. *Laugh* I was born on a Saturday too - you know what they say about Saturday's child.

Will be back Sunday, hangover and parents permitting. Have a great weekend yourselves.

© Copyright 2006 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/445509-Revelations