*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/446177
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1141293
Stories revolving four people who are in love...
#446177 added August 7, 2006 at 4:41am
Restrictions: None
I will be waiting for you_6
After the locker incident, Aria went the extra mile to ignore Ryan unless neccessary. She no longer stayed back after school, but finished everything at home and had Tory passed her parts to Ryan. In consequence, Aria rarely saw Ryan except during meetings.

One day, when the bell rang and everyone rushed to go back home, Aria was held back by Tory who shared her class. "Aria, can you please bring this diskette to the editorial room and have the contents printed? I need to rush home or else I would have done it myself."

Unable to think of any solid reasons not to help her, Aria took the diskette from Tory. Before rushing off, Tory said, "Thank you so much. Just pass the printed copies to Ryan. He should be there by now."

With her heart pounding, Aria set off to the editorial room. She hadn't seen Ryan alone for a long time. However, when she reached the room, she saw Ryan hunching over a chair, his face clearly showing him in pain.

Quickly stepping into the room, Aria assisted him into a chair. "Are you alright? Do you need anything?"

Resting his forehead on his arms, which were crossed on the desk, he said, "I'm alright now. Just a slight headache."

Looking at the pile of work in front of him, Aria looked back at him, "Did you stay up all night to complete these? Was that why you nearly fainted?"

Gritting his teeth, he snapped at her, "I did not nearly faint. Furthermore, why should you care what happened to me. Go away. Avoid me like the plague, just the way you have been doing this whole week."

Biting back a retort, Aria glanced away. She had not realised that such were his feelings, and that he would noticed the way she had been acting.

When he groaned as another wave of dizziness hit him, Aria quickly said, "Don't move. Just go to sleep. You need it badly. I'll just finish some of these for you."

Ryan mumbled a reply, then settled himself more comfortably in his chair.

It was two hours later when Aria finished part of the work at hand. Tiredly, she moved from the working desk and settled down into a chair beside Ryan. She was about to wake him up, when suddenly she halted.

Looking at his sleeping face, Aria was fascinated. In sleep, his face was relaxed and his lashes rested gently on his cheeks. Locks of golden hair had fallen across his forehead, messing up the usually neat way he combed his hair. His lips were slightly parted and his full bottom lip looked very soft to the touch. Giving in to temptation, Aria reached out tentatively, gently stroke across his bottom lip. It was more like the caress of the air on his lip.

When she looked up from his lips, she was shocked to see his eyes parted, looking intently at her.

She was about to mumble something unintelligent when she felt his hand on her cheek. When she felt the stroke of his thumb on her soft skin, she moved her face nearer to his.

Cupping the back of her head in his other hand, he gently tilted her head up. Gazing deeply into her eyes, he kissed her.

Aria's eyes clouded and her lashes lowered. She was marvelling at the sensation that shot through her from such a simple kiss. His lips were really very soft, yet firm.

Ryan did not try to deepen the kiss, instead he brushed his lips gently across hers a few times.

Aria's lashes flew open when she felt tiny licks of his tongue at the seam of her lips. But as the warm feeling spread through her, she slowly parted her lips for him to explore.

Seizing the opportunity, he deepened their kiss. Aria was reveling in the sensation he created, loving the feel of his tongue, warm and moist.

They parted moments later, both dazed from the kiss. Aria reached up and rested her fingers on his lips. She allowed herself this few stolen moments, before standing up.

She removed her hand and got ready to walk off. Ryan sprang up from his seat, quickly grabbing hold of her wrist.

"We really need to talk," he said, his voice unsteady.

Shaking her head, Aria tried to shake his hand off, but he wouldn't let go. "Promise me, meet me in the garden near the back gate tomorrow. After school. I will wait for you."

She quickly shook her head. Ryan tighten his hold on her,"Promise, or I won't let go."

Desperate to get away from him, Aria nodded frantically. When he let go, she dashed for the door. Before she exited it, Ryan said,"You don't have to pretend anymore. I know exactly who you are now."

As she strode down the hall, she tried failingly to blink away her tears.

© Copyright 2006 goghvinci (UN: goghvinci at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
goghvinci has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/446177