*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/446185
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1141293
Stories revolving four people who are in love...
#446185 added August 7, 2006 at 4:51am
Restrictions: None
If Tomorrow Never Comes_1
Ryan Frankley was the most popular guy in school.

He was the golden boy, with his attractive blonde looks and warm personality. Everyone knew him for his humble ways and giving heart. Ryan mingled with everybody, never dividing his friends into different cliques. He also had the ability to charm and get the best out of even the most timid of people.

Not only that, he was also renowned for his leadership skills. He was president of student council; testimonials of his abilities were in every successful function his team helped the school in. Furthermore, he was also the lead actor in the drama society; often playing roles that made all the girls sigh dreamily.

Anyone would figure that some people might despise his popularity, or condemn him for his "goody-boy" image. But so true and sincere was he that some people were only mildly envious where else the rest accepting.

He was perfect. The perfect boyfriend for every girl. The perfect friend for every guy. Like a precious diamond without a single flaw.

However, Ryan Frankley's life was anything but perfect.

He and his twin, David, were both born into a wealthy family. Ryan was blonde where else David was dark. And the differences didn't end there. Since his birth, Ryan had a smiling angelic face that captured everybody's hearts. David however, was a quiet and solemn boy, always seemed to fade into the background. That was why their parents love Ryan more.

Their preferences were not a secret for they always made it blatantly clear that they dislike David's quiet ways and sad eyes. Their mother always lashed out at David, "People would have thought you are an orphan instead if you keep that look on your face! You look as if you're in mourning!"

However, their parents’ animosity for David never touched the bond between the twins. It was only in Ryan's presence that David would occasionally smile, or sometimes even laughed. Ryan knew very well David's position in his parent's heart. That was why he was all the more protective over David. After all, he was David's big brother of about five minutes.

Their parent's marriage didn't last though. They filed for divorce when the twins were seven. Their father just walked out, leaving his own flesh and blood behind for a mistress he had kept for over a year. On the other hand, their mother had wanted to take Ryan away with her, and leave David with her father instead.

When the twins knew about her decision, they were stunned. They could not comprehend the idea of leaving each other. David was surprised over his mother's decision to leave him behind. He knew that she didn't like him that much, but to abandon him alone....

On the day they were to leave, David was silent. His Grandfather was there as well, his big hand holding his small one, as if to shield him from his daughter's cold indifference. Ryan's usual smiling face was now sad. Before they left, the twins wrapped their arms around each other. When they couldn't hold in their tears any longer, they started wailing.

Irritated, their mother had wrenched Ryan away. All the way into the car, Ryan had struggled to get out of her grip. But she just dragged him in. She started the car, and drove away without a backward glance. Ryan had turned in the backseat to get a final look at his brother, who was now in their Grandfather's protective embrace.

Ryan and his mother had moved into this upper-class neighbourhood with this fancy community. It was the perfect place for his mother to show off her perfect child. It was the perfect world for his mother until the day Ryan had fallen on the floor in pain, his small hands clutching at his chest.

His mother was stupefied to find out that her flawless son had a very weak heart. When she asked the doctor how weak he was, the young doctor had sadly replied that Ryan could not live past his twenties. At the mean time, Ryan could start taking medications to sustain him. But she was no longer listening. She was calculating. She could not afford to have a weakling following her around, instead of her pride, he would instead become her burden.

The next day, she took Ryan back to her father. After a brief word with her father, she dumped Ryan on his doorstep then drove off into the sunset.

© Copyright 2006 goghvinci (UN: goghvinci at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
goghvinci has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/446185