*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/446480-Guilt-over-Coffee
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#446480 added August 8, 2006 at 1:17pm
Restrictions: None
Guilt over Coffee
Yesterday, I bought a pound of coffee from the fancy coffee shop where they have coffee beans in glass jars from all over the world.

As I looked at the labels on the jars, I recalled what a friend who had just returned from a trip to Guatemala had said. In the plane on her way over, she had rejoiced that she'd be drinking great coffee once they landed. She found out that the people over there drunk only instant Nescafe.

It seems, to help the economics of the country, all the good coffee is imported out of the country. I just wish the world was a more even place--at least as far as the world's riches are concerned--and I wonder if we really deserve drinking the best coffee in the world.

I ended up buying the house-mix. When I came home, my husband complained: "You could at least have bought Colombian Supremo."

On second thought, maybe I should buy the Guatemalan beans. Would it help?


© Copyright 2006 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/446480-Guilt-over-Coffee