*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/447169-Kudos-to-UK-and-the-Scotland-Yard
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#447169 added August 11, 2006 at 1:12am
Restrictions: None
Kudos to UK and the Scotland Yard
Any disaster prevented is a success for humanity. I admire the way UK has handled the latest terrorist threat.
There were some questions in the minds of a few, but surely, there will be doubting Thomases each time something positive is achieved.
I think everything the Scotland Yard did helped catch the culprits, well, at least a few of them. Officials on the other side of the Atlantic acted smartly by not notifying the airports and following and eaves dropping on the terrorists for several months. If the terrorists suspected, they wouldn't be caught.
I also applaud that, so far, no wise alec in the media has shown us how the liquid explosives are made. I believe UK has better ways of protecting the public by not letting their media catch on to things, but the people in the media in US will sell their own mothers for any titillating bit of news.
The one question I have, not for UK, but for our Homeland Security is: Why, after 9/11, the experts who are supposedly second-guessing what the terrorists may come up with next did not check into the various types of explosives? I am sure they knew about liquid explosives then.
After each stupid incident, a precaution--for that incident only--is taken, but why don't we check for things beforehand?




© Copyright 2006 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/447169-Kudos-to-UK-and-the-Scotland-Yard