*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/447261-Battle-Resumes
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#447261 added February 14, 2008 at 5:55pm
Restrictions: None
Battle Resumes
After waiting an hour at the hospital to speak to a doctor, then another hour while nurses removed needles, packed up medicine and collected belongings, we finally got to take my dad home. Still no definite reason discovered for these dizzy spells and falls, so I'll just hop back on my knife's edge and wait for the next bout.

My mother immediately removed her 'sweet old dear' head and replaced it with the 'cantankerous old bat' one.

If it wasn't for all the running about I have to do, having my parents in two seperate places would probably work out best for everyone.

In hospital he gets to eat regularly, can sneeze, fart and crunch peanuts without being admonished and is treated well by the lovely young nurses as he's little trouble and quite a card when he's allowed to be.

My mother gets the house to herself, has no one around to irritate her and gets her shopping and housework done by her daughter, while she reads books and watches what she wants on TV.

If I could just get a hospital bed and a nurse for my dad in a building near to my mum, to save all this dashing backwards and forwards.

As happens when you're in the midst of chaos, innanimate objects enjoy joining in and adding to the mayhem. My parent's gas fire decided to pack up at the beginning of last week. The plumber we sent for spent a whole afternoon working on it, then declared he couldn't fix it. I knew when I remarked they wouldn't need it anyway with it being so warm it was an invitation for the weather to turn decidedly chilly. And it has. To top it off their boiler has also decided to throw a wobbly and they have no hot water. Great timing with a weekend on the horizon and plumbers as rare as gold dust.

And so the saga continues. Is there anywhere online I can purchase a parallel life, so I can do what I want in that one, because this one certainly doesn't get any easier.

Oh well, you know I'm not one to complain *Wink* and it's time to indulge in a little light relief by tackling the Friday bog cleaning session. All this and heaven too.

© Copyright 2008 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/447261-Battle-Resumes