*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/447714-Sunday-Trivia
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#447714 added March 2, 2013 at 12:17pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday Trivia
Oh Sundays are just so...Sunday...if you know what I mean. Same old, same old and raining all day into the bargain. So how about a few nuggets of trivia and a few easy-peasy puzzles to solve? Yeah, that will have to do for today.

Did you know -

1. In Shakyspear's *Wink* time, mattresses were secured on bed frames by ropes. When you pulled the ropes, the mattress tightened making the bed firmer to sleep on. Hence the phrase 'Goodnight, sleep tight.'

2. If a statue in a park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle. If the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle. If the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.

3. It is impossible to lick your elbow.

4. In English pubs, ale is ordered by pints and quarts. (not for much longer I suspect) So, in old England, when customers became unruly, the bartender would yell at them, 'Mind your pints and quarts and settle down.' Hence the expression 'Mind your P's and Q's.'

5. Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair. (That says a lot about bald men. *Laugh* )

Okay, okay wake up. Here's a few questions to answer to assess how much zinc and copper you have on your bonce.

1. Many years ago in Scotland a new game was invented. It was ruled 'gentlemen only, ladies forbidden.' What game was it? Far too easy I know.

2. What is noticeable about the answer to 111,111,111 x 111,111,111?

3. If you were to spell out numbers, how far would you have to go before you used the letter 'A.' (The word 'and' doesn't count.)

4. What is the only food that doesn't ever go off? {Spoil, grow mould or whatever)

5. What do bulletproof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and laser printers all have in common?

Do I hear the sound of fwinkers all rushing off to Google? Leave your answers in the comment box.

And finally -

At least 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow. *Laugh*

© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/447714-Sunday-Trivia