*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/448689-Flying-Visit
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#448689 added August 17, 2006 at 8:46am
Restrictions: None
Flying Visit
Had a great day with sis yesterday although it was over in a flash, as all enjoyable activities tend to be. Things we don't enjoy seem to last for months...maybe that's the way to make life last longer, but how boring that would be. The duck situation is not quite resolved but a friendly solution is on the cards.

Now I have to zoom through the next few days. Tomorrow we are going with our son to see 'The Beautiful South' perform outdoors at York Castle. Thunderstorms and torrential rain are forecast. We won't get home until after midnight and may be drying out before bed.

Saturday is our annual August party - more rain forecast. This year we're having the group 'For This Day,' who we went to see at The Cavern, perform in our garden. If you hear loud music please don't complain - it's for one night only as a tribute to our son who will be leaving us in September. *Cry*

My sister and nephew are coming over for the party and I'm not sure how many bodies will be discovered snoring on the floors come Sunday, but I'm not counting or worrying about that. Clearing up and a quiet recovery period with the parents and sis will occupy most of Sunday.

So today has to be spent in preparation - putting up gazebos, attacking the housework, sweeping paths, shopping for party food and renovating the old body are just a few things on the list. It may be a while before I get back to Blogville, but I hope you all have a good weekend and wish you could all come to our party. What a blast that would be whatever the weather.

© Copyright 2006 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/448689-Flying-Visit