*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/448789-First-a-few-short-rantsthen-Pssst-continued
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#448789 added August 18, 2006 at 12:18am
Restrictions: None
First, a few short rants...then, Pssst, continued.
Just a little rant first: Why is it that every link I go to, it seems to me, is full of so many other links? Somewhere in there is what I'm hunting for, although I'm not always even sure of that. But first, there are five other links to other things that might be helpful, two for links that might be of interest but are off the subject, two more for contests the writer is conducting, three fancy sigs plus sigs for groups the writer is affiliated with. Does anyone else besides me think this is a bit much?
*Shock* *Shock* *Shock*

...continued from yesterday


“I don’t know how I’d do that, Margot. I don’t really like name-dropping. It’s against my principles. Well, it has to be, don’t you know, with some of the confidential things that come my way.”

“Confidential? Like what?”

“Like, who’s dying, or divorcing, or marrying—although there doesn’t seem to be as much of that these days.”

“I can’t believe it, Wren!” Margot said, slapping herself on the forehead. “Of course! You’re with the church. You know all the secrets!”

“On the contrary, there are plenty of secrets I’m the last to know, for that same reason.”

“Then I’ll fill you in!”

“I’m not so sure I want to know. How would it be for me to say hello to Mrs. Springer every morning and then find out her husband was busy hello-ing someone else? I think I know way too much about that already.”

“Who is Mrs. Springer, Wren?”

“Nobody that I know. I made her up.”

“Oh. That’s a little disappointing.”

Wren, who had been looking out at the street, got up from her chair. “There’s Celia now. I’ll go get her and bring her over to meet you.”

“Celia who?”

“Celia, our new neighbor. You have some more lemonade, don’t you?

“Yes, but…”

“But nothing. It’s time you met. I think you’ll like her. I did.”

“You mean you’ve already met her and you haven’t told me a thing about her?”

“I can keep secrets, remember?”

© Copyright 2006 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/448789-First-a-few-short-rantsthen-Pssst-continued