*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/449883-The-Beautiful-South
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#449883 added May 11, 2015 at 11:55am
Restrictions: None
The Beautiful South
Is it really only four days since we set off for York to see the performance by 'The Beautiful South?' It seems an age ago now and so much has happened since then. Back to being very quiet today though, but not caught up with sleep or blogs yet.

Heavy rain and thunderstorms were forecast but we were fortunate enough to only experience a few spots of rain during the journey. I sat in the back of the car and read while son and hubby indulged in their favourite pastime, which I call 'stagging.' You know, disputes over the quickest route, best motorway lane, correct exit etc etc. Never travel with two related male drivers without a riveting novel or earplugs.

On arrival we indulged in a meal and vino at a nearby pub then moved on to Castle Howard, where the concert was staged. I'm posting a few photos at the end of this, so will let them do the talking.

'The Beautiful South' have been on the music scene for almost twenty years and have sold millions of records. They're not really internationally famous and not everyone in England has heard of them either, but I have yet to meet anyone who knows them and doesn't like their music. My son doesn't know whether to be pleased or ashamed that his whole family love this group.

Their name is tongue-in-cheek as they actually originate from a very northern town called Hull. We've seen them perform many times, but this outdoor performance was definitely the best ever.

We sang, we danced, we drank, we cheered, we laughed, we cried and finally we supported our rather inebriated six-feet-five son back to the car, where he promptly crashed out for the rest of the journey home.

Indeed, a great time was had by all and another happy memory goes into the brainbox and photo album.

Tune in next time for the party report.




© Copyright 2015 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/449883-The-Beautiful-South