*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/450296-The-Partys-Over
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#450296 added August 24, 2006 at 10:20am
Restrictions: None
The Party's Over
Is it really only five days since our annual summer party? Seems an age ago now and not a lot has happened since worth reporting about, so here's a quick rundown of a great evening.

We'd spent all day preparing and as we put up gazebos, arranged chairs outside, organised lanterns and candles the weather remained dull but dry. The group 'For This Day' arrived at seven to set up outside at exactly the same time as the rain started. Plans were delayed.

Guests started to filter in around seven-thirty but despite hope and prayers, the rain continued all evening so our group had to play acoustics indoors. However, everyone was suitably impressed and they played extremely well. I really wish they could get a lucky break on the music scene; they so deserve it.

It really was a lovely party with ages ranging from three to sixty-three mingling quite happily and everyone joining in the fun. So, that's it for another year, but this one will always remain dear to my *Heart* as a tribute to my son Paul, before he leaves to travel. *Cry*

Back to normality this week, if there is such a thing. All the things I was so looking forward to at the start of the year are all done and dusted now, but I guess I have to be grateful I'm still here and had the pleasure of enjoying them.

Off to the gym in a bit - now that's a 'pleasure' I could well do without today, but need's must.

Apologies for some folk's behaviour in the photos. lol


© Copyright 2006 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/450296-The-Partys-Over