*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/450018-Innocent-roguishness-caught-on-film
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
#450018 added August 23, 2006 at 3:09am
Restrictions: None
Innocent roguishness caught on film
It has to have been a couple of years ago now that it was said, but I just reconnected with a former co-worker and it reminded me of a simple, yet transforming moment. A picture of my husband captured at one of my children's birthday parties was one among many I had collaged together in a pin-up at work. This co-worker, who also happened to be seated closest to me at the time, glanced at it and stated that my husband resembled Russell Crowe. It had always seemed to me a rather unflattering picture, but one of only a very few that I had of him that was remotely current. I wasn't impressed with the composition of the picture, as it showed too much of the clutter, or at least, lack of style in the room. My husband was both unshaved and wearing a Safari hat (a cheap straw party hat in keeping with the 'bug hunt' theme of my son's party). He was just caught unawares, no pose, no smile.

They say women can look at a man's face and gauge his testosterone levels. (This is swiped off a current Kaiser Permanente radio spot, I have not been reading the Science or Medical Journals). It sounds logical to me. Is this how certain actors end up on the Most Sexy lists year after year? My point is, as much as a clean cut, 'Bud White' rage portrayed by Russell Crowe, or a commanding, yet pensive 'Maximus' portrayed by Russell Crowe existed in my fantasies...My husband literally did look to me like Russell Crowe in that picture.

Did I even consider it before? You can only recognize how full of yourself you may have become when someone else can point out something like that. Something to which you are astonished to agree is true and dumbfounded at why you never saw it yourself.

© Copyright 2006 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/450018-Innocent-roguishness-caught-on-film