*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/450771-Its-Hard-Without-a-PC--LOL
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1030039
This will show our fight with Fibromyalgia, so others can learn that it's real.
#450771 added August 26, 2006 at 4:28pm
Restrictions: None
It's Hard Without a PC (LOL)
         Hello, all! Yes, I know it's been a month since I posted here last. Little stuff getting in the way, which is nothing new to any of us; it's part of daily life. *Smile*.
         Problem was, many of those things that were going on also added to the stress level a bit, and to the Fibro.
         The biggest problem was a really hot problem at work. A very stressful situation, the one that we hear and read about and see on TV: "Jim, we need this ASAP". And no one was really sure IF it could be done, let alone HOW. LOL. It turned out, after I'd put about 155 hours into the project, that they decided it was becoming more expensive than they thought it would be to get it done, so they found a way around it. Finally the heat was off.
         Then, about a week or so ago, my 6-7 year old PC died. Not sure if it's going to be practical to repair it or not. I hope to hear from the shop this week. If it's the power supply, or the CPU, it'll be OK. If it's the motherboard I'll have to pull the hard drive and get a new tower. But that will mean waiting till November. A new tower just isn't in the budget right now. Sheesh. Hence, my current handle.
         Some days I felt the stress and the Fibro pain from the time I got up till the time I went to bed. The legs would hurt the whole day, the intensity of the pain coming and going, sometimes relative to how tired I felt. Yep, Fibro patients feel the pain more when they are tired. And the last couple weeks, that was showing with me. And once in a while the pain would extend to my arms and my shoulders.
         And today's a bit lazy. Kenzie had stomach problems the last couple nights or so, and our hours are a bit weird right now anyway with Derek changing shifts on his job. So she hasn't had much sleep the last few nights, and mine has been interrupted a few times with the cat waking us up before the alarm went off. She slept till about 12:30 this afternoon while Derek was working and Tiffany and I were at her soccer game and having lunch.
         All of us are "up and running" now, but Tiff wants to go bowling in about an hour. We'll see how much energy I have left after about 2 1/2 hours of bowling. But I love doing it, and I need the exercise. So, we'll see.
         Take care, all, and I will try to be here more often if I can even though I have to borrow Kenzie's PC when she's not on it. See you all soon!

© Copyright 2006 Incurable Romantic (UN: jwilliamson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Incurable Romantic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/450771-Its-Hard-Without-a-PC--LOL