*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/451670-Frustration
Rated: XGC · Book · Experience · #1034564
A new journal for a new beginning
#451670 added August 30, 2006 at 8:51pm
Restrictions: None
Frustration
Arrrrgh! I just received a lovely new (or new-to-me, at least) computer from Waltz. I go to Staples to buy a wireless card that can fit into the USB drive because the computer does not have wireless capabilities. I'm directed to an inexpensive model that's supposed to recognize Windows XP, which I have.

I go through the software installation and try to find the signal my roommate has been using. Long story short, I can't connect and "checking the parameters with my ISP provider" as the manual suggests isn't an option since the signal in question is poached from one of my neighbors.

As long as my roommate is getting free service on his computer, it's not likely he'll want to split the cost of getting our own ISP account. Why the hell should I have to pay for that by myself? I can't afford $70/month plus installation any more than he could. I'm so frustrated.

I am happy to have the machine though. I'll be able to type up things for work and do some writing. I'm disappointed by the continued access restriction to WDC, though. *Frown*

Oh well, as long as he's not home I can use his computer to get on this site. I can do my writing on MS word and save to a Memory stick on my computer and cut and paste into WDC on his. I hate feeling like I have to be prepared to vacate at any moment. *sigh* Maybe he'll at least help me find the signal.


© Copyright 2006 Artemismad (UN: artemismad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Artemismad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/451670-Frustration