*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/451938-Changes
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#451938 added September 1, 2006 at 5:41am
Restrictions: None
Changes
Sniff, Sniff...Ah, the sweet scent of a new month in Blogville. Clean fresh air mingling with the aroma of morning coffee, cheese sammiches, chickens and newly-mown words.

Yep, it's good to have a clean slate ahead of us and a month which may or may not hold new opportunities and promises. For one minute I thought someone had actually come in here with a psychedelic paintbrush and redecorated the wishy-washy yellow walls, but it seems it's just a WDC birthday header. I'm proud to have been a member of this site for five out of those six years, but I do think it's about time they changed the decor.

Changes - that's what I face this month. September promises to be one of the most hectic and strange months I have ever faced. And that is just the things I know are going to take place; we are all aware sometimes it's the unexpected events that can bring untold joy or knock us for six.

It's going to be a month of mixed emotions for sure and very very busy. In WDC terms it will certainly be more black than blue. Oh, I've no delusions my presence here is vital to proceedings and in the words of George Harrison, 'Life goes on within you and without you.' But I apologise now for not reading and commenting as often as I'd like.

So on this first day of September I'll sum up what I know lies ahead in five words - apprehension, acceptance, adjustment, anxiety and anticipation. I hope some of my friends will be here to share the ups and downs, joys and sorrows, hopes and regrets I know I have to face as I take my first tentative steps into a month that is going to be rough and rocky. I wish you a happy day and a month of fine blogging.

© Copyright 2006 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/451938-Changes