*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/453021-Congestion
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#453021 added September 6, 2006 at 4:37am
Restrictions: None
Congestion
I have to be out in about thirty minutes to go swimming but thought a little blog in order before I depart. The small town I live in has the most ridiculous road system and an abundance of traffic lights, making it difficult for both motorists and pedestrians to arrive at their destination on time. For some reason it's worse than ever this week, so I better get moving if I want to get to the pool before it starts getting dark. Moving is taking a lot of effort this week due to one of those surprises I didn't anticipate.

I thought on Monday evening it was going to happen. Familiar signs I couldn't ignore or do anything about. By Tuesday it was confirmed. Yep - one stonking cold has arrived just when I need all my reserves of energy to cope. Sod or Murphy again? Nothing I can do about it but snuffle, cough and blow through it though - no time to rest at the moment. Sniff...

Tomorrow I've volunteered to be a guinea pig at my hairdressers, where they're starting to offer the delights of Hopi candles. Apparently I'm to have ten-inch candles in each ear (NO I'm not taking my camera) which will then take about 45 minutes to burn. The theory is they will help clear the ears of any wax or gunge in the inner tubes. With this cold, I could be there all day and get through every candle in the shop. Oh well, at least if it works I should be able to hear you all better.

Anyway, better go and get in that traffic jam...sniff...cough...pass the tissues.

© Copyright 2006 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/453021-Congestion