*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
13
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/454387-Back-to-my-Journal
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(117)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #1149750
10k views, 2x BestPoetryCollection. A nothing from nowhere cast words to a world wide wind
#454387 added October 29, 2006 at 11:21pm
Restrictions: None
Back to my Journal
Been away from journaling for awhile now. The whole 6th birthday festivities drew me in and had me pounding away at my keyboard for hours on end, much to the chagrin of my wife and the pleading of my children. I have returned to a more normal way of life.

Been penning new material for contests and came up with three poems and a short story (dialogue) for prompts. Entered Journey's End in the 42nd annual Newbie Challenge, Before I'm Rejected By You in Poetry Prizm, Passing Days in the Twice Monthly Poetry/Short Story contest, My Body Pains For My Love in two contests, Charles Theme Park and Rip My Heart Out, which allowed two entries so I added my newest Her Eyes.

I need a break from all the writing, but my brain is locked and loaded and needs to keep firing my rhetoric and musings into the flesh of my mead.

Found peace and the freedom to write some stuff at Barnes and Noble a couple of times this week. So much easier than writing a line, give Maddie her sippy-cup, write another line, yell at Alex for hollering, write two more lines, and tell the kids to go play in another room, and then, erase all four lines and start over from scratch only to have my wife tell me I need to help get the kids ready for bed. Yesshhh.

I'll stop here. She's upstairs waiting. And the kids are asleep. *Smile*


© Copyright 2006 Brian K Cognitive Dissonance (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Brian K Cognitive Dissonance has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/454387-Back-to-my-Journal