*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
13
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/455552-Eating-heels
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(117)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #1149750
10k views, 2x BestPoetryCollection. A nothing from nowhere cast words to a world wide wind
#455552 added October 29, 2006 at 11:24pm
Restrictions: None
Eating heels!
I am eating the heels from left over bread bags tonight. I hope my wife will be happy to know that she doesn't have to watch mold growing on our kitchen countertop. I eat heels on a whim, with peanut butter. I can't plan to eat them, just sit down and make a to-do list and write 'eat heels' today, and then cross it off for a sense of completed satisfaction.

Okay, that's done with. I am trying to keep the dream alive. I have now located and uploaded all of my fiction files written over the past 20+ years. I did not want to pull out the original manuscripts and retype each one. I know there will be some editing ahead, but I look forward to seeing where my craft began, developed and arrived to where it is now.

I might take a break from poetry. But, I'm whimsical. So, I cannot plan. I just try to have my tools ready and waiting when my muse strikes my head and tells me to loose words I trap in my soul much like dirty sneakers banging around inside the washing machine, stripped of laces, tongue hanging out, hanging on until the ride has ended and return to the fresh air that soothes its withered flesh.

Hmmm, write a poem about sneakers. Okay, that's on my to do list now.

Next up: I'm a bumbling fool. I joined a writer's group that is just beginning to form and decided to invite as many people as I could think of to get a group dynamic going and bring all the writers of similar tastes and interests under one roof.

Oops! My email did not link the site where they could join. Then, I can't find the email (the whole blind thing). So, I think it was Axilea who was forming the group and tell everyone only to find out, no it was not her. Embarrassment is mounting and I recheck my email and finally with the help of KarisJeri I finally have the correct link and it only takes two email tries to pass along the right info to get everyone to join. It's so much funnier and comical the way I dealt with it in emails, which I will have to post here soon, before the moment and emails are lost.

Sorry to all those who I confused and thank you to me for being such a great publicity director. I must have had over 20 emails on the subject and think the interest was heightened by all the drama.

Good luck TeddyBear13, group founder, who may or may not know yet of my stupidity but will likely hear several different stories before long.

Well, I'll just end for now. I sit in front of this computer so much, I can crack my back and neck just by sitting erect. Need sleep, too. My hair is losing sheen. I borrowed that from Chip Skylark, a former member of 98 degrees whose real name eludes me, from the cartoon Fairly Odd Parents.

Yes, I watch cartoons. Have you seen these things nowadays. It is amazing how dialogue and plots can work on adult and child levels and still get an E rating.

So, okay. I'm done.


© Copyright 2006 Brian K Cognitive Dissonance (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Brian K Cognitive Dissonance has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/455552-Eating-heels