*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/454401-Babettes-Feast-and-other-delights-of-the-day
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#454401 added September 13, 2006 at 12:38am
Restrictions: None
Babette's Feast, and other delights of the day
I don't know how I can possibly enter one of those wonderful write every day challenges, as frequently as I miss the midnight deadline and then have a second entry in one day. If I could rearrange it so that I needed 30 entries for the month, not necessarily one per calendar day, I'd be okay. I know, I could make up my own rules.

Tonight we were watching the old movie Babette's Feast, which I'd heard about many times but had never seen. I wish I'd seen it with a group of people. I'm not good at discussing books and movies, and I get so much more out of them when I hear others' comments.

Allergies have really been bothering me today, and my nose has practically run away without me--I wished.

*8*8*8*8*

Was asked yesterday to do a graveside service today for a woman who was not religious, nor was her family. The son and daughter have taken good care of her for the past five years, and wanted to do the right thing by her in death as well. The funeral home had the fake green grass out, and the casket with the flowers on top that the deceased had picked out for herself. There were six chairs, slip covered to look upholstered, on the fake grass, but the daughter, obviously the spokesman, said no. They would just stand in a circle and have me pray. So I scrapped most of what I'd prepared and had a prayer and a committal. (That's the "ashes to ashes and dust to dust" part.) They then made short work of the small talk and took off.

*8*8*8*8
While I was at the library, a very thin, tattooed man came in with, I'd guess, his mother, a very thin and wrinkled woman of about 55. They were quite excited and wanted to see books on old coins. The librarian said she had magazines too, which would be newer. That confused them a little. They thought she meant they didn't have any books. I wonder what treasure they've found that they want to check up on. I bet it would be a good story.



© Copyright 2006 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/454401-Babettes-Feast-and-other-delights-of-the-day