*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/454844-Mea-Culpa
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#454844 added September 14, 2006 at 11:19pm
Restrictions: None
Mea Culpa
Not all my writing will be successful. Every point I attempt to make will not be made. I will be misunderstood, taken out of context or ignored.

I don’t imagine I’ll get used to that.

For instance. I attempted to see the Bible how one who argues against it’s validity as God’s Word. They see nothing but inconsistencies, contradictions and full of hate for those who do not adhere to its prohibitions and laws.

I then added the caveat that this is due to the missing voice of the Holy Spirit. I said at the end, God’s Spirit speaking within us makes the Bible perfect.

Very few saw that point, adhering instead to all the other things I said about the Bible.

I’m sick about the entire thing now. I feel now as though if I mention any more scriptural passages in my blog I’ll be seen as a hypocrite.

We are taught to preach the Good News. That is another term for the Bible. We preach and it falls on deaf ears. We say how the Bible is the inerrant word of God and we are scoffed at. We try and try and try, and still our words leave no impact.

Why is this?

Because we think we have the power to change minds, to change hearts.

We don’t. God called us to spread the Word. The duty of saving souls belongs to the Holy Spirit. We need to continue to speak, to write, to pray, to serve, and then let the Holy Spirit loose to do His work. Not one single person or scriptural passage brought me to the feet of Jesus. the Spirit working within me for sixteen years, both through countless people and reading much scripture that led me there.

That’s my point. It’s not about whether the Bible was written by man or God-breathed, or if it’s a combination thereof. It’s about God. It’s about His love for His creation, and His singular desire to bring that creation back to Himself, through the sacrifice made by Jesus Christ. The Bible states this again and again, from the first words of Genesis to the last words of Revelations, but again to those not willing to see that, won't see that.

I just think we need to give the Holy Spirit more credit for opening my heart, and so many others past, present, and future.

I have failed in making this point (I likely haven't made it here, either), and for that I’m terribly sorry.

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/454844-Mea-Culpa