*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/455330-Chapter-Two-Denis-on-the-Edge
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by RatDog
Rated: 13+ · Book · Technology · #1157804
You ever read those random sentences tacked onto Spam emails to fool the filters?
#455330 added September 17, 2006 at 3:39am
Restrictions: None
Chapter Two: Denis on the Edge
At last it was arranged that Lucia should carry Denis a note.

The hoofs of the mare fell noiselessly on the moss.
Up here the red volcanic nature of the soil was apparent. He ground his teeth together and gripped the mare with his knees so that she started forward.

He had been waiting by the bank under an overhanging branch of a pine, watching her. It would never be sufficient merely to bring that beautiful body to the ground. He began to scatter the fragments of Maria’s cake wantonly.

She brought it down in a little basket; was charmed with monsieur, with his gift also. Could he control himself, tomorrow, or the next day?

He got up, stumbled about headlong, found the tinder box and lit a candle. That night they packed for the stay at Royat. But the head thrust up through the lily pads was that of Denis.

© Copyright 2006 RatDog (UN: cyam_01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RatDog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/455330-Chapter-Two-Denis-on-the-Edge