*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/455334-Chapter-Five-Shelter-from-the-Storm
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by RatDog
Rated: 13+ · Book · Technology · #1157804
You ever read those random sentences tacked onto Spam emails to fool the filters?
#455334 added September 17, 2006 at 3:42am
Restrictions: None
Chapter Five: Shelter from the Storm
The old woman was piling hot stones wrapped in cloth about her extremities. The endless wanderings of one of them were thus precariously renewed.

Here the marquis was out of French territory in the enclave and had friends. The clash of steel, the stamp of feet, and the heavy breathing of the two men filled the courtyard. As he thought about it he knew now that he preferred it that way.

Thus he was able to balance one load exactly, but he would not add to the weight against him. The chimney, indeed, was the one comfortable feature of the establishment.

The coach rolled and pitched along. But at a little hamlet in the foothills they stopped and purchased mules from the charcoal burners. In short the Marquis da Vincitata was himself again.

An hour later they arrived in darkness and in icy storm.
Should he take them both, or take only the child?

© Copyright 2006 RatDog (UN: cyam_01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RatDog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/455334-Chapter-Five-Shelter-from-the-Storm