*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/455335-Chapter-Six-Denis-is-Found
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by RatDog
Rated: 13+ · Book · Technology · #1157804
You ever read those random sentences tacked onto Spam emails to fool the filters?
#455335 added September 17, 2006 at 3:43am
Restrictions: None
Chapter Six: Denis is Found
Suddenly the marquis straightened up from the knees and leaned forward. He called out for the man with the lantern. It was filled with snow and put on the fire to thaw and boil.

The whip snapped damply in the morning mist. But for that reason his mind all the more began to thrust the memory into oblivion. He supposed that after the death of a kings officer there would sooner or later be some hue and cry. A demented wife was not in the scope of his plans.

The frozen fingers of sleet trailed over them and flapped against the glass. Don Luis leaned back and closed his eyes. In the meantime he had both private and diplomatic affairs to settle before leaving Italy.

Presently he was passing along the high whitewall of some ecclesiastical establishment. It was a question now whether they would make the village ahead of them.

Through the high pass as they slowly mounted swept the white, swirling skirts of December storms. Then the young curé ran forward and turned Denis over on his back.

© Copyright 2006 RatDog (UN: cyam_01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RatDog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/455335-Chapter-Six-Denis-is-Found