*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/456213-Impermanence
by Ken
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1089551
This is the journal of my experiences and thoughts.
#456213 added September 20, 2006 at 8:30pm
Restrictions: None
Impermanence
Many friends have passed in and out of my life. As time passes people move, pass away, or simply grow in different directions. I’ve had very few of my friends die, but we have lost some. Reflection on this reinforces, in my thoughts, one of the main principles of Buddhism, the impermanence of all things.

I have been dwelling lately on the age of my parents. They are in their 70’s, and for the first time I have begun to face the fact that they will not always be around. My world will be a smaller place without them in it. But that does not mean it will be a darker place. I will always have a light in my heart that my parents created with their warmth, love, and support. Not everyone has the benefit of two loving parents for a large portion of his life. I promise myself, I will always be grateful for the time I have with those I love. Every moment I spend dreading the inevitable, or morning loss, is time I could be remembering the things they have taught me, and all the beautiful moments we shared.

Just some thoughts…

© Copyright 2006 Ken (UN: redken70 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ken has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/456213-Impermanence