*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/456375-Four-and-five-letter-words
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#456375 added September 21, 2006 at 3:16pm
Restrictions: None
Four and five letter words

*Balloon3* *Balloon4* *Balloon5* *Balloon3* *Balloon4* *Balloon5* *Balloon3*


First, YEA for BILL, he made it! He stayed awake, although it was really hard during the fourth session when he almost nodded off. By the fifth he had rallied. Nevertheless, I drove home, just in case.

*Balloon3* *Balloon4* *Balloon5* *Balloon3* *Balloon4* *Balloon5* *Balloon3*


Was just reading "L'aura del Campo"   by Kåre Enga in Montana . His writing assignment of 100 words, all of one syllable, sounded fun, so I tried it. I didn't work very hard at it, but it was fun. I love things like that, little challenges to get my mind going. Descriptions aren't the easiest things for me. I should try to put more adjectives in. Anyway, here's mine.

The winds rush by my house, push at the boards and pound, then swirl past. Small limbs hit the wall with a crack. Leaves fill chinks in the log pile. The fence gate shakes, and the latch clanks, then a lull in the gusts. Just the swish of breeze leaks through the pines, then more and more and a roar on the same path—I chill and thrill to hear the sounds. No birds sing though. They crouch by the bush and wait for me to bring more seed to fill their tubes. They are safe there, for now. The cat stays on the porch and waits. He hates the cold more than he is lured by sight of his prey. He knows his time will come.


*Balloon1* *Balloon2* *Balloon1* *Balloon2* *Balloon1* *Balloon2*


What color is abject terror? That's the color Lauren's blog about the hike up to Angels' Landing ought to be. She has pictures you can't afford to miss. You'll never get another chance, most likely, to see such scary sights of the heights in front and behind her. Wow! "Invalid Entry


*Balloon1* *Balloon2* *Balloon1*

© Copyright 2006 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/456375-Four-and-five-letter-words