*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/456902-Another-First
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#456902 added September 24, 2006 at 5:19am
Restrictions: None
Another First
I predicted this month would be one of mixed emotions and this morning I'm certainly feeling a whole bunch of different things.

Some of you may remember last winter when a young lady from Australia stayed with us on her travels. Annice is the daughter of an internet friend of mine who I came across five years ago playing Scrabble. Since last December Annice has travelled widely in Europe and enjoyed many happy and adventurous experiences. At the moment she is back in London working in a bar to bump up the funds.

Last week her mum Sarma, flew in from Australia for a visit. She's been with Annice and also visited some of England's more popular places. Later today, she will arrive at our house for a five day stopover. I know some of you are used to meeting up with internet friends, but for me this is a first and already my legs are feeling a little wobbly. I have to keep pinching myself to make sure I'm not dreaming too - can it really be that a simple game of online Scrabble is about to bring me face to face with a friend from the other side of the world? How weird.

So I suspect my time here will be limited yet again, but I'll keep you informed. People reassure me it will be fine but if we can't hack it she can always sign in on the computer upstairs and we can resort to chatting to each other in the way we're used to. lol

Paul and Mark have just returned from a three day trip to Halong Bay and written some quite prolific and comical blog entries in their travel logs. Today they are taking the train to Hue in Vietnam. Boy, these youngsters sure know how to make the most of life. But for me, it's time to get off my backside and prepare for the arrival of my guest. I promised her a good old English Sunday roast dinner - wish me luck; it's a long time since I cooked one of those.

And of course - it's pimply sissing down!

© Copyright 2006 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/456902-Another-First