*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/457076-Well-at-least-ONE-things-consistent
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1030039
This will show our fight with Fibromyalgia, so others can learn that it's real.
#457076 added September 24, 2006 at 10:56pm
Restrictions: None
Well, at least ONE thing's consistent
         That's right. At least one thing is consistent with me for the moment. And that is that I can, so far, always count on the Fibromyalgia killing me with leg pain starting about an hour after I cut the grass, and continuing for the rest of the day. It MAY back off a little as the rest of the day passes, but there are no guarantees for that part. The only sure thing is that I will feel pain in my legs, to some degree, from that point on until I fall asleep. It's times like this that I'm even more thankful I got my Nortriptylene prescription renewed!
         OH - one more thing. Last night Marilyn and I were awakened by an unexpected phone call, about 3:15 AM. The reason for the call is irrelevant (don't worry - nothing tragic happened), but one thing did happen when I went back to bed after we got things taken care of: before I got back to sleep, my leg jerked once or twice as I lay in bed. The RLS - Restless Leg Syndrome - was back. I was trying to figure out if the Nortriptylene I'd taken at bedtime could (or should) have worn off by then. It didn't make sense. Hopefully our sleep won't be interrupted tonight. We shall see. Does make me wonder though, because some of those RLS leg movements in the past have been so strong that the motion itself has awakened me. Hopefully last night was a fluke. Either way it goes, we'll find out. It's only a question of when.
         On Kenzie's side, a mild case of the usual "Fibro-frustration" tonight. She was bugged because she didin't get all the cleaning done today that she wanted to, even with taking breaks when she needed them. So I told her two things:
         1. It's better this way than pushing herself too hard, wearing herself out even more, and being unable to get out of bed for 2-3 days as a result. Fibro pain can do that - either the pain itself will make getting up too painful, OR it will sap all your body's energy in fighting the pain, leaving you with little or no energy to get up. AND:
         2. She happens to have a husband who totally understands, and would much prefer the way she handled this to seeing her stuck in bed for those 2-3 days himself. She's doing her best, and that's all that matters.
         I'm off to bed. It's 10:50 P.M. See you all later!

© Copyright 2006 Incurable Romantic (UN: jwilliamson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Incurable Romantic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/457076-Well-at-least-ONE-things-consistent