*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/459164-Catchin-Up
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#459164 added October 4, 2006 at 1:25pm
Restrictions: None
Catchin Up
Sunday morning, I woke to find one of my parrots died. Donavan. Our first bird. I put him in a Fila shoe box with his bell. His favorite bell – the one he’d sleep with his head in. Yeah, I know, it sounds weird, but that’s what he did. I thought it would be nice to put it in there with him. And I asked myself why? Why do people do that? Put inanimate objects in coffins or (shoe boxes)? There is absolutely no logic in this but, nonetheless, it made me feel better. Bryan buried him west of the garden under a catalpa tree. The rest of the flock has been eerily quiet ever since.

We moved Mullet’s cage next to Annabelle’s. Annabelle and Donavan used to play together on top of Donavan’s cage. Once, he made her mad and she bit the crap out of his nose. The vet said sometimes they never recover from that sort of damage…but he did.

****************************************************


Bryan hurt his back again, putting the dogs into the Avalanche. And all for nothing; the vet called in - some emergency. No one bothered to call to let us know. on the bright side, I did catch thirty minutes extra sleep. The dogs went for a nice Tuesday morning drive, and I got to come in forty-five minutes late for work.

Well, the late/ work thing isn’t exactly a bright side item, but hey…the janitor is out again today so yours truly will be picking up extra responsibilities. (oh joy).

I know I’ve taken like a two and a half month hiatus and here’s what’s been going on.

Writing:

*Bullet* I still have an article pending with Racquet Sports Industry. . But they still say they are gonna use it.

*Bullet* I’m currently working on four articles. (I’m doing this on my spare time, so progress is slower than I want it to be.)

*Bullet* The Tennis Industry Association is using my last article as an advertisement. (This is super cool because they used the entire article. They didn’t cut any of it. Not the first word. Which means (drum roll please) MY name is in it TWICE!) I did not however, get any money for this. But I am getting exposure.


Work:

*Bullet* I have been given the gracious job title of Media Specialist – again, no extra pay. But it is now my responsibility to design some web pages on our website – www.MaconTennisConnect.org – and, I am the editor of our new newsletter. I also take pictures of our classes and events. I’m pretty happy about this.

*Bullet* Effective next pay period, city council elected to give us a 2% raise. Not much, but we haven’t gotten anything in like four years.

*Bullet* we finally were allowed to hire a new part-time employee so maybe I won’t have to work every weekend.


Tennis:

*Bullet* I got moved up to a 3.0 but I appealed – and won. I know, I know. I appealed because I never won the first match all summer long playing 5.5. so, I was nervous about playing 3.0. soooo, I am captaining a 2.5 night team (I’ve won my first two matches but lost my third. Team matches on Tuesday nights and team practices on Thursday nights.

*Bullet* I also joined a 3.0 morning team. Team practice on Monday mornings and team matches on Wednesday mornings.

As you can see…lots of tennis for me!

*Bullet* I played in a tournament this past weekend – two events; mixed 6.0 & Ladies 6.0 doubles. Both had back draws and I lost both my main draw matches. I did however, win the mixed back draw! yay me!


Anyway, I’ve been keeping busy lately. Helps with my mental attitude.

© Copyright 2006 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/459164-Catchin-Up