*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/459683-I-tried
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#459683 added February 1, 2007 at 3:46pm
Restrictions: None
I tried
I've started something, so I intend to continue writing as much as I can. But, I have asked to be deleted from the Daily Writing Challenge group.

On Tuesday night, Incurable Romantic and I were scheduled for a class at church from 6:45 to 9:45 p.m. Since he was on call for work and I had to take my son to work at about 9:30, we drove separate cars.

I had to buy gas, so I left before Jim to do that. I got out of my car and slammed my right thumb in the car door - AND LOCKED IT! Talk about pain. My purse was on my right arm, and I couldn't get to it or my keys.

There was an older man at the gas station, and I yelled, "Help!" and he came running. He tried just opening the door, but, of course it was locked. When he found out my keys were in my purse, he said, "I can't get in your purse."

"I'm giving you permission to get in my purse! Please!"

He dug around in my purse for the keys and unlocked the door. My thumb was smashed. But the pain hadn't really started yet. I pumped my gas, then got a cup of ice for my thumb and went on to church. Once I was there, I realized that I wouldn't be able to concentrate with the amount of pain I was experiencing.

So, I went home and cried. (It's a wonder I didn't waken my son.) I drove Derek to work and Jim was at home when I got back. He drove me to the emergency room and we were there, of course, until close to 2 a.m. The doc numbed my thumb and punctured the nail to get the blood out (that was accummulated under the nail and causing the throbbing pain). The nurse put a a splint on my thumb and they gave me a prescription for pain meds.

Poor Jim took a half day of vacation on Wednesday since he was up so late.

Typing is an interesting experience with one thumb bandaged and big enough that it wants to hit all the keys at once.

At least the pain isn't as bad as it was a few days ago.

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/459683-I-tried