*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/461101-For-The-Seriously-Inclined
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #464720
You supply the reading. I'll supply the writing.
#461101 added October 12, 2006 at 1:30pm
Restrictions: None
For The Seriously Inclined
Hi y'all, *Bigsmile*

Warning...I expect this entry to more serious and preachy than I usually post. There's plenty of drivel elsewhere in this journal if you're in the mood for some fluff.

Recently a very good friend posted in her blog she felt she was one of life's failures. She wondered what she had to show for being here. (I think she is most definitely NOT a failure btw. I think she's wonderful) Feelings like this are perfectly normal. We all have doubts. We're all getting by the best we can. Most of us are making this up as we go along. Life doesn't come with a money back guarantee. We must play the hand we're dealt. No one said life was fair.

By who's yardstick should one's success be measured anyways? What determines whether a person is a success or a failure? Wealth? Power? Fame? Love? Does being wealthy make your time on earth all worthwhile? It that why we're here? To accumulate as much money and things as we possibly can? How much is enough? Same deal with fame and power. How about love? Are all the people that have experienced failed marriages and relationships failures? Does a three year old child who's dying of cancer count as being one of life's successes or failures? What about Hitler? He was pretty powerful and famous. I'd dare say he was wealthy too. He was also in a long term relationship. Was Hitler one of life's successes?

There are all kinds of people in this world. People with big hopes and dreams...people confined to a hospital bed for the rest of their lives...children with no one to care whether they live or die. We're all getting by the best we can. Everyone is important. We all matter, whether we realize it or not. We all have something to offer.

Personally I'm not really concerned with questions of success or failure. Winning or losing doesn't matter to me as much as trying does. Being happy, feeling good about myself, living with honour and sleeping soundly means more to me than crushing an opponent, the size of my bank account or succumbing to any of the many vices we're all tempted by. I'm not interested in judging...myself or others. I'm into acceptance. If others want to determine who's life was a success and who's was a failure that's their business. I'll leave that sort of thing to God to decide. I'm only human afterall. I'm not perfect, nor do I expect others to be either.

Okay, sermon's over. *Bigsmile*

Take care.

Thumb








"Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor
"Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor
"Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor
"Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor
"Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor

*Right*Check This Out*Right* "The Amazing Race Club *Left*Check This Out*Left*

© Copyright 2006 Thumbsucker (UN: thumbsucker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Thumbsucker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/461101-For-The-Seriously-Inclined