*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/461705-Time-Flies
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#461705 added October 14, 2006 at 7:08pm
Restrictions: None
Time Flies
Well that's another couple of days with sis gone in a flash. We always have so many plans and good intentions for our time together, but as always we hit hazards and distractions and chickens all over the place. Still, I always enjoy every minute of her company and that's what matters. Inevitably we had a very late night on Thursday and it seems I needed to catch up on that lost slumber last night. Who says you need less sleep as you get older?

So after finally greeting Saturday this morn...erm... afternoon *Blush* all my good intentions went out the window again. Only just managed to catch up on blogs after going to the gym. Reluctantly for sure, but needs must. I feel a grump coming on. I expected that after a few weeks of indulgence, too much booze, the odd dessert, fewer visits to the gym I'd put on a bit of that lost weight. And yes, I have but it's nothing drastic. But what niggles me is why other people I know who eat cakes, crisps, cheese etc all the time and never exercise don't put any weight on at all? Why do I have to work so hard at it and others just sail through? No fair...grump, grump. grump.

Since our son set off on his travels I believe a resurrected relative or pet has moved in with us. Knowing we don't want the responsibility of training, walking and feeding a new animal or the cost of vet's bills, fate has sent us a fly. He's very friendly and likes to sit on the arm of the chair while I watch TV or crawl across the monitor while I type. Hubby keeps catching him in one of those insect traps (we're very soft-hearted about sparing creatures) and putting him outside, but lo and behold, next day he always finds his way back in. I think he's emotionally involved with me. I know it's the same fly - I'd recognise that buzz anywhere.

He was buzzing about on Thursday evening when sis was here, but she claimed when she arrived home yesterday he'd smuggled himself into her bag and was now residing with her. But today he's back. Okay, he's a bit smaller than when I last saw him but I put that down to the fifty mile flight he's had to make to get back to his home. I actually suspect my sister fly-napped him because she hasn't got one of her own.*Pthb*

I think maybe it's time Guy the Fly 2 and I retired for the day. Guy the First was a fly who resided with us some years ago but sadly departed for the great dung heap in the sky. But his memory lives on. Never underestimate the affectionate relationship you can have with an insect.

I better buzzzzzzzzzzz off before you swat me. Nighty Night.

© Copyright 2006 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/461705-Time-Flies