*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/461026-Panic-Stations
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#461026 added January 23, 2009 at 8:48pm
Restrictions: None
Panic Stations
My sister came over yesterday, although I haven't seen her yet as she's been at our parent's place. I suspect today we'll be taking mother out for an airing, then be spending a boozy night giggling and putting the world to rights. We have so little time together, these sorts of evenings are precious and worth the inevitable hangover.

Last night I had a chat to my son on MSN which was great. He and Mark have both now updated their travel blogs and they make entertaining reading. It just feels so weird to be sitting here imagining the places they describe, but thanks to the internet, it's a wonderful way to keep up with their adventures.

On someone's advice I then thought I'd have a go at putting what bits I have for the Blogville News together and seeing what it looked like. All sorts of problems reared their ugly heads and made me feel nervous about getting the thing ready in time. After an hour or so, it was looking something akin to David McClain 's versions, so I thought I'd delete it until I have all the contributions. Deleting always makes me anxious with all those warnings.

Well, I deleted alright. When I next looked, I'd deleted the WHOLE of the Blogville News - all 18 editions had disappeared.*Shock* I was a quivering wreck imagining how I'd have to confess to the world and be imprisoned in Blogville jail for eternity. Eventually I managed to find and reinstate it, but had to lie down in a darkened room with a bottle of dry white to stop the palpitations and panic attacks. I tell you, I'm not a fit person to be left in charge of a Newsletter. Just not a fit person, full stop.

But on that note, could all contributors for this month let me have your exquisite pieces as soon as possible please. You know who you are. *Pthb* I only have my own piece and one contribution as yet, so I may have to resort to unleashing Tor to kick your butts if things don't get moving.

I won't be putting it together while sis is here of course and certainly not tomorrow on Friday, the 13th, but I think this soft-boiled-egg-brain will need at least a week of panic attacks and cardiac arrests to get the thing sorted. Thanks.

© Copyright 2009 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/461026-Panic-Stations