*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/462269-Happenstance
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#462269 added October 16, 2006 at 9:46pm
Restrictions: None
Happenstance
1 Ilm 163 B.E. - October 16, 2006

Another round of the "Invalid Item has begun. I didn’t sign up this time, but I’m going to look into it every day or so. I like the creativity of the entries and the intriguing points of view of the contestants. This round of the contests last from October 16 to November 5. The first lead entry is "Invalid Entry by objurgate. This entry mentions, what once, was my favorite French fries (maybe I should call them Freedom Fries). Anyway, McDonald’s fries aren’t my favorite any more. They stopped being my favorite fries when McDonalds (or is it Mickey D’s) stopped using beef flavored oil to cook their fries in (OK, maybe I’m dating myself here).

McDonald’s Monopoly was an interesting game and just another way to get people to buy fries or spend money they didn’t need to spend on something they didn’t need (OK, maybe I’m bitter, I didn’t win the five million either). The game was just like other games where people expect to win. The truth is that nobody who needs the five million dollars will win. The only people who ever win those games are those that don’t need the money. The people who need the money are those who buy the food, or whatever is being sold, to pay for the winnings of those who win and don’t need the money anyway.


© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/462269-Happenstance