*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/463150-Bogged-Down
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#463150 added May 3, 2014 at 1:11pm
Restrictions: None
Bogged Down
Headline News. Bog cleaning day will never be the same. During the week hubby 'accidentally' sat down too heavily on the loo and broke the seat. No amount of resuscitation techniques could revive deceased toilet seat. The only solution was to purchase a new one. All bathroom suites are white nowadays so no match could be found for our old-fashioned pampas lid. The only alternative was to purchase a wooden one. My bog cleaning session has become confusing now as I assume new seat must be polished rather than cleaned with cloth and bathroom cleaner. My life becomes ever more complicated.

Speaking of toilets I read an interesting snippet in a newspaper this week. Apparently the headmistress of a mixed Primary School in Norway is trying to ban little boys from urinating while standing up, due to cleaners complaining males cannot aim properly. This has caused outrage from parents, the church, politicians and the media. Well you can't win Mrs Headteacher because when they sit down on the bog they break the bloody seat.

One brilliant moment I had today pre-bog-cleaning was when I clicked on the link David McClain supplied us with of the water hole in Africa. I was rewarded with three adults and one baby zebra drinking from the hole and felt very reluctant to leave them. Even when there are no animals around the sound is captivating so I have yet another addictive site to add to my list.

I'm posting a photograph of my 'bargain' from E-bay. I had to use the self-timer on the camera as there was no one around to take a picture for me. Why do men only go missing when you need them to actually do something useful? So it's not the best photo in the world but don't look at the mess, concentrate on the dress. Hey, I've not lost my poetic side after all.







© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/463150-Bogged-Down