*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/463157-Just
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#463157 added October 20, 2006 at 4:31pm
Restrictions: None
Just
5 Ilm 163 B.E. - October 20, 2006

Just continue to write. Put one letter after another. One word after another without stops or pauses and, if possible, without thinking what comes next. Just continue to write don’t worry about the subject or the theme or the word count. Just write, write about the artificial roses you saw yesterday. The roses in the waiting room of the auto repair shop. The silk roses that look real even down to the dew on the red petals.

Just continue to write. Remember a journey begins with a single step. A novel begins with a single word. So just, continue to write. Don’t stop. Don’t pause. Don’t let the background noise of the dryer or the radio or the television stop you. Write what ever comes to mind, it doesn’t matter what you write as long as you write something.

Write about the infrastructure of desire. Write about the technology of fear. Write about the terror your inner child feels at this moment. The fear that you will write about something she doesn’t want to face. Just continue to write. Just continue to write, “but I’ve got to finish the washing”. Don’t worry about the washing. If you are going to worry about something worry about the phone bill, the power bill, or some other bill. If you are going to worry, worry about your brother, worry about your sister. At least those things you can write about, you can write out the frustration of not enough money. You can write about the irritation of an ignored e-mail.

Just continue to write, the drying is spinning and it can dray the cloths without your help. The cats aren’t pestering your for food or attention. They have water and their litter boxes don’t need cleaning right now, so just write. Just continue to write. Write until you’ve written yourself out. Write until you have nothing else to write, but don’t stop then continue to write.

Just continue to write. Write until the dryer shuts off. Write until the cats wake up and realize they all want petted at the same time. Don’t stop, continue to write. Write until you fingers can write no more and then start to revise.

Just write. This is a free write this is not a timed write you want to write something, but your inner critic doesn’t want you to write. Just write. Your inner child is listening to your inner critic, so ignore them both and write. Write about the way the sunshine on the garage door. Write about world peace, writing about anything. The more you write the closer you’ll get to writing what you really want to write. Just continue to write, pause long enough to go to the bathroom or take a sip of water. Don’t answer the phone, that’s what you’ve got an answer machine for, besides it’s probably just a hang up or someone wanting money or some fool thanks he or she is dialing a fax machine.

Just continue to write. You can’t stop now because if you stop now you will either have to answer the phone or the door or make the bed or do the dishes or mop the floor or go to the store. So just continue to write because writing is the best excuse there is for not doing what you don’t want to do any way.

© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/463157-Just