*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/463307-My-Legs-Her-Stomach-and-Back
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1030039
This will show our fight with Fibromyalgia, so others can learn that it's real.
#463307 added October 21, 2006 at 10:30am
Restrictions: None
My Legs, Her Stomach and Back
         The title says it all for us for the last couple weeks. My legs have been bugging me most of my waking hours the last couple weeks.They would start slowly, picking up the pace as the day progressed. Many days, just walking around the office was highly uncomfortable by the end of the workday. Sometimes I'd have a pain shooting down the outside of one leg or the other with each step I took by the time I was heading for home. And I would definitely need the Naproxen in addition to the Nortriptylene before I went to bed.
         Kenzie's problems seemed concentrated in her stomach and back over the same period. A few days she couldn't find anything to eat that didn't end up setting off her stomach. Even one of her favorites, a baked sweet potato, bothered her stomach so long she was late getting to bed that night. And a sweet potato obviously shouldn't do that. What a place for the Fibro to hit.
{indent{And one night this past week, the stomach was keeping her up again, so she sat down in the recliner to watch a bit of late TV while waiting for it to calm down. I woke up at 2:00 AM and found her asleep in the recliner, almost but not quite in a fully reclined position, laying on her left side as usual. Turns out that was the one thing that was a positive result of the situation. She told me the next day that sleeping like that did get rid of an unusual kink she'd had in her back the day before.
         It all comes down to one basic fact: Fibro has a mind of its own, and every day for us will continue to be unique in some way. We've found only one real constant so far, and it's one that is common to most, if not all Fibro patients: Weather changes are a dreaded enemy. Our weather changed two or three times this last week to ten days. From sun to rain, from upper 60's to upper 30's for highs, and back. A weather roller coaster. Each change managed to set off the Fibro in one form or another.
         My legs are already at it today, albeit mildly. We'll see what happens later on, but I think I know the outcome on this one. We'll see if I'm right.

© Copyright 2006 Incurable Romantic (UN: jwilliamson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Incurable Romantic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/463307-My-Legs-Her-Stomach-and-Back