*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/464294-Where-in-the-World
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#464294 added October 25, 2006 at 2:16pm
Restrictions: None
Where in the World?
A long time back I remember PlannerDan saying he'd like to have a world map so he could pinpoint where all his friends at WDC lived. I thought this a brilliant idea and searched the shops for months for a decent map of the world, but to no avail.

I recently felt the urge again as I also want to track my son's travels but no world maps seem available in shops.

Yesterday a huge flat package arrived at my home and I was puzzled to say the least. I wondered if I'd maybe ordered something weird and wonderful off e-bay in one of my drunken stupours.

But no, my sister who is a school secretary had ordered a great big map of the world for me out of one of the educational catalogues. I have a set of little flags to track my sons journey and I bought some map pins today to mark where my WDC friends live.

So, if you drop by today would you mind leaving me the name of the town/city/state where you live so I can stick a pin in you? *Laugh* Obviously not every tiny place in the world is on the map so the nearest big place will do. I promise I won't stalk you.

I was hopeless at Geography in school and never really caught up with my lack of knowledge. *Blush* But 'hands on' learning is something I came to realise works best. Knowing 'real' people are living their lives or travelling in these places captures my interest. I'm really enjoying studying my map and will look forward to filling all the details in.

Thanks in advance for your help - you may educate this geography ignoranus yet.

Today the world...tomorrow the universe...next year who knows? Mua hah hah hah.


© Copyright 2006 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/464294-Where-in-the-World