*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/464517-Little-Boxes
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#464517 added October 26, 2006 at 12:21pm
Restrictions: None
Little Boxes
I was very amused by Nada 's entry the other day covering the conversation she and hubby had while he was switching T.V. channels. Okay, I was very amused by yesterday's entry too but that's another story...to be continued I hope. *Wink*

The habits and remarks recorded in the television entry are ones I'm also very familiar with. I accuse my hubby of 'boxism' in that he constantly watches the box and also puts characters into boxes. 'Hasn't he been in...?' 'Doesn't she look like...? ' 'Hasn't he got strange...?' 'Look at her enormous...' 'Doesn't he sound like...?' etc etc Well, frankly my dear...

I'm not a big television fan for several reasons. Despite the zillions of channels I can find very little of quality worth watching and commercial breaks drive me nuts. Anyway I can think of a hundred and one things I'd rather be doing.

Hubby on the other hand is the proverbial 'square eyes' and spends all night, every night watching, recording and flipping channels. If I had a pound note for every debate we've had about television versus computer I'd be able to fund every member of WDC in retirement.

He's not a great computer fan despite the fact he hops on and off it all the time he's in during the day and frequently sits with the laptop running while glued to the television. Get out the way chickens.

One thing we do have in common however is a love of animals and the environment. Since David McClain introduced us to the Wavelit site we've both become a bit addicted to it. Our house often sounds like the African grasslands in stereo as he peruses the africam on the downstairs computer and I have it running on this one upstairs. Frequently we shout up or downstairs if there's new activity. 'There's a herd of wildebeast now,' 'Have you seen that buffalo's massive...?' 'A crane's just landed on the water hole,' etc etc.

Yesterday, unbeknown to me, hubby had made an appointment with an insurance agent and was sitting downstairs discussing policies with an upper crust, smart-suited gentleman. Imagine what a Wally I felt when I discovered this after hairing downstairs yelling 'Have you seen that baboon's arse right in front of the camera?' *Blush*

P.S. I am trying and failing miserably to design a few new headers for the Blogville News. I can design them but no way can I get them to save into WDC as I want them to look. I know they have to be JPeg or gif files and I know they need to be no bigger than 400x400 pixels but beyond that I'm stumped. If any of you technical whizzkids can help me out with advice I'd be indebted for life. Maybe watching television is easier after all. But what is life without challenges?


© Copyright 2006 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/464517-Little-Boxes